Thank you for your interest. Below is some information about how your project will progress and how I like to work.
Thank you for your interest. Below is some information about how your project will progress.
- Initial consultation on site, measuring up, drawing up outline plans and an initial cost estimate – all free and without obligation.
Detailed design and planning
- If you wish to go ahead with the work, in consultation with you I will make any changes or amendments to the design / draw up more detailed plans, if necessary revise costings and agree these with you. We can then agree a mutually convenient start date.
- I am happy to use / reuse any suitable materials you have where it is practical to do so.
- I will either give a fixed price or an estimate. An estimate may be given in cases where there is a greater level of uncertainty or complexity in the project. With an estimate the price will not vary by more than 15% – if it looks like it will cost more than that, I will discuss this with you. In the case of a fixed price, additional work required will still be chargeable , but will be discussed.
- I do not charge VAT.
- To secure the start date, I require a deposit to cover the cost of materials and some labour.For larger jobs I may ask for interim payments. The balance is payable on completion of the job. Prompt settlement of bills is always appreciated.
The job itself
- If necessary, we need to agree access arrangements, I am happy to have a key. Please tell me if there is anything else I need to be aware of (eg alarms, pets etc)
- Inevitably where there is wood, there is dust! However, much preparatory work can be done in the workshop. While on site I will do my best to keep any mess on site to an absolute minimum. I use a portable dust extraction system made by Festool – one of the industry leaders. I always clear up.
Peace of mind
- All work is guaranteed. Your satisfaction is important to me. If there are any snags or problems with the work after completion, please contact me and I will return to fix them.
- Environment, we take very seriously the environmental impact of our work, in terms of choice of suppliers, materials, transport choices, minimising waste etc. Our full policy is on the website.
- I have a network of trusted suppliers, many local, who I rely on to provide high quality supplies.
- I am fully insured holding Commercial Combined insurance with MarkerStudy Insurance Services (Policy Number UKCCC1387860). This includes Employers Liability; Public Liability and Products Liability Insurance.
- If you would like references additional to those on the website, I will be pleased to supply these.
Finally, if you have any concerns at any stage of the process please do ask, things are often much easier to sort as we go along rather than at the end.Thank you for your interest.
Design | Create | Adapt
Unit 7, Leegate, Lee Green SE12 8QG