Thank you for your interest. Below is some information about how your project will progress and how I like to work.
- Initial consultation on site, measuring up, drawing up outline plans and an initial cost estimate – all free and without obligation.
Detailed design and planning
- If you wish to go ahead with the work, in consultation with you I will make any changes or amendments to the design / draw up more detailed plans, revise estimated costings and agree these with you. We can then agree a mutually convenient start date.
- Materials will be sourced and supplied for the job on or before the start date, to ensure the project runs without delays. As far as possible I use trusted local suppliers. When I benefit from a trade discount or a good deal, I will always pass it on to you, with a small mark up of 15% on all materials to cover admin costs.
- I am happy to use any suitable materials you have where it is practical to do so.
The job itself
- In advance we need to agree access arrangements, I am happy to have a key. Please tell me if there is anything I need to be aware of.
- Inevitably where there is wood, there is dust! I am very mindful of this and do my best to keep any mess to a minimum. My power tools are all supported by a portable dust extraction system made by Festool – one of the industry leaders. It is often possible to do some of the messy work outside or off-site.
- In advance of the start date, I require a deposit of 25%. The balance is payable on completion of the job.
- The cost estimate is exactly that. The final invoice will include my time – design, making; materials, sundries and delivery costs. This could be lower or higher than the estimate, typically in the range +/-15%. If you require a fixed price please ask.
Peace of mind
- All work is guaranteed. Your satisfaction is important to me. If there are any snags or problems with the work after completion, please contact me and I will return to fix them.
- I hold Public liability insurance for £1,000,000. The policy is Zurich Combined Contractor’s Insurance no. ZUB 1271981XB.
- If you would like references additional to those on the website I will be pleased to supply these.
Finally, if you have any concerns at any stage of the process please do ask, things are often much easier to sort as we go along rather than at the end.
Thank you for your interest.
Design | Create | Adapt
121 Brightfield Road, Lee.
London SE12 8QG